Vision and Mission
Our Vision: We are a holistic, community-supported primary school devoted to bettering the lives of our students, their families, and the community.
We embrace social responsibility and creative-mindfulness to educate and inspire our students and their families to build community, gain greater independence, and transform their lives.
–Manjil Rana, Founder
- We believe in the right of every child to receive a free education.
- We provide an innovative and diverse curriculum that evolves to achieve the best possible outcomes for each student.
- We treat every student and family with respect and equality.
- We provide our faculty, staff, and volunteers with support, guidance, and respect to enable our students’ success.
- We are dedicated to positive leadership and partnership with those providing education and other social welfare programs in Nepal and beyond.
- We are excellent stewards of our resources – human, financial, social, and environmental.
- to enable the child to live life to the fullest as a child and to realize his or her potential as a unique individual
- to enable the child to develop as a social being through living and co-operating with others and so contribute to the common good
- to prepare the child for further education and lifelong learning
- to motivate the child to achieve their full potential
- to cultivate a caring, safe learning environment
- to emphasize individual and community responsibilities and self-discipline
- to enable the community to grow and flourish through cooperation and communication
Maya Universe Academy delivers a curriculum designed to meet the needs of each student, and the school maintains its standards in accordance with Nepal’s National Curriculum. Our curriculum is taught through multiple, learner-focused approaches, and creativity and expressive freedom are central to ensuring our students develop their innate curiosity and imagination. English and Nepali are the mediums of instruction. Our primary school curriculum emphasizes the importance of community, allows for creativity, independence, and critical thinking, and includes the core areas of learning and experience, these are: Language and Literacy (Nepali, Hindi, English), Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, Health and Physical Education, Creative and Expressive Arts, Information and Communications Technology and Vocational Education in Agriculture and Computer Science. Students leave campus to expand their knowledge and experience through educational field trips. This provides a direct first-hand experience in learning and provides stimulus for classwork and independent projects. When teaching English attention to all aspects of literacy – speaking, listening, reading, writing, spelling, and handwriting – is given top priority. Art, music, and drama activities develop a student’s creativity and confidence; Maya Universe Academy places an emphasis on increasing student’s imagination and creative passion. The following are the primary aims of the curriculum at Maya Universe Academy: